Essential Skills for an Extraordinary Relationship
Helping You Transform the Relationship Frustrations that Limit Closeness and Deeper Love
Do you wish you could:
- Transform a painful argument into a productive, thoughtful conversation
- De-escalate and calm yourself quickly so you can have a good conversation instead of a full-blown fight
- Use your disagreements and disconnects to get closer instead of them causing friction and frustration
- Be a better listener so your partner feels safe being more open with you?
- Discuss touchy topics in a way that makes it comfortable for you, plus easy for your partner to be receptive instead of defensive
- Get your partner to be a better listener so you feel heard, appreciated, and respected even if the two of you clash or disagree
- Neutralize frustrations and fears that get in the way of your relationship's full potential
If any of these are on your "relationship wishlist," you’re in the right place.
Learn Relationship Skills that Most of Us Were Never Taught
We all want to experience love, trust, and enduring intimacy with the person with whom we share our life. We want to feel close and connected, seen and supported, cherished and respected.
Yet most of us don’t get enough of that.
That’s because most of us were never taught the essential relationship insights and skills needed to transform the conflicts and disconnects — which all couples face — into more understanding, closeness, trust, and love.
Relationship Coaching & Courses
We've seen so many potentially-fabulous relationships suffer unnecessarily. Not because you're not meant for each other. Not because you're not trying.
It's probably because your toolset isn't up to handling certain pesky, persistent challenges.
That's why we offer a proven, research-based framework for transforming painful conflicts and disconnects (which all couples face) into mutual understanding and deeper love.
Our approach is skills-oriented and practical, and clients start seeing results right away. Our personal experience is that over time, the love becomes deeper and richer, even more than what you probably experienced during the honeymoon phase.
In the current environment, we're working with individuals and couples:
- Private Coaching via Zoom (or phone if you prefer)
- Online Courses (small group) starting September 29, 2020
"The EXTRAORDINARY RELATIONSHIP Formula — Your Step-by-Step Course to Greater Closeness, Connection, and Intimacy"
It just took 20 minutes rather than the usual days or even the weeks to work through a major upset. —Dina
Using the concepts you taught me, I’m more present and less anxious, and that has apparently allowed her to be more that way too. I’m so impressed with the depth with which you both listen. —James
Results Right Away — Even If Just One of You is Ready
You've probably noticed that one of you is almost always more ready to address an issue or learn something new that might improve your relationship.
Most people see this lopsidedness as a serious roadblock, believing it takes two.
But that's not been our experience, personally or from working with clients. Quite the opposite, we’ve found over and over that it takes just one of you to make things better or even fix stubborn problems.
We've helped many couples by working with just one of them.
Of course, it’s fabulous if you’re both ready to learn something new. A deeply fulfilling relationship is a duo dance, but a huge percentage of the "work" that gets you there is done within the individual.
If you think about it, you already know how much you can impact another person by simply shifting your response in the heat of the moment.
The Love Conversation® Approach
We call our approach The Love Conversation® Approach because it focuses on transforming the conversations that create the quality of our relationships.
But we're not just talking about the obvious conversations-gone-bad with your beloved that can be so frustrating and painful.
It's about the three types of conversations that are going on all the time — whether we're aware of them or not.
- Within yourself — that perpetual self-talk that judges and evaluates what's happening and decides how to react
- With your beloved — in everyday conversations, from mundane interactions to big discussions about important topics
- With your higher self, if you will — that hard-to-define yet palpable sense of inner knowing that connects you to a larger, even transcendent source of love
This approach is for you if...
- You know, or even hope, that your relationship has more potential for fulfillment and happiness than you're experiencing
- You find yourself thinking or even saying to your partner: “I love you, but you’re driving me crazy!” — and you want more of the love and less of the messiness that gets in the way
- You want to know what you, personally, can do to make things better for yourself and that adorable person you've chosen as your mate
- You're not in a relationship now but want the next one to be truly extraordinary
It's not for those who insist that the other person is "the problem" and just want him/her to change. It’s also not for those who are okay with a relationship that's just “good enough.”
We teach clients to...
- Recognize and neutralize the biggest relationship culprit
- De-escalate yourself quickly during/after an argument so you can think clearly again, connect warmly, and make better choices of what to do next
- Recover quickly from conflict and fully restoring your loving connection — whether the issue is resolved yet or not
- Discuss touchy-topics and navigate difficult conversations so you have a productive, fulfilling conversation instead of another fight
- Listen AND speak to create more understanding, closeness (instead of reacting defensively or triggering another disconnect)
- Replace repetitive frustrations with solutions that work for both of you and last over time
- Amplify the love and goodness between you and your beloved so you get way more of the yummy stuff and less of the messiness that gets in the way
Clients typically experience...
- A happier, more harmonious relationship
- Less conflict — meaning way less often and way less painful — and quicker return to warmth and connection afterward
- New levels of closeness, intimacy, trust, and mutual understanding for both of you (even if just one of you learns the essential skills)
- Confidence that you know how to deal with stubborn issues in a way that leads to deeper understanding and closeness rather than more distance and discontent
- Reduced fear and defensiveness in both yourself and your partner
- Replacing negative/unwanted patterns of communication with ones that enhance your sense of wellbeing individually and together
- Feeling good about yourself for making changes that transform your relationship for the better
Schedule a free 30-minute consult
Periodic emails with tips and insights for experiencing extraordinary love in your everyday life.